Reckless (Thoughtless, #3) - S.C. Stephens Where to start? I honestly had a hard time getting through this one.

First off, the title. This book should have been called Effortless since there was nothing Reckless about the story whatsoever. In fact is was a little slow. I found it quite boring most of the time and had to stop myself from skimming often. Even the sex scenes.

One of the major WTF's for me was the fake "marriage" business and the over-the-top romantic gestures that made the whole thing feel incredibly YA. I get that they were meant to be sweet and endearing but for me they were just silly and a lot of the romance felt forced. I felt like she was trying to prove something to me. If that makes sense? They're soul mates darnit and don't you forget it!

The constant referencing to "my husband" and "my wife" was irritating. If they had kept those sentiments to each other and possibly some close friends it wouldn't have been such an issue for me but to say it to label exec's and other professionals in control of Kellan's career was just juvenile. I was actually embarrassed for them at some points. These people were all well aware that they weren't actually married. I was waiting for someone to pat them on their heads and say "Sure you are. I'm sure your pretend wedding was just lovely, dear." Just call her your fiancé like she is.

Now some good. I absolutely despised Kiera in the previous books. She's is on my short list of heroines I want to stab in the eye. As much as it pains me to say this, she has grown considerably in this last installment. She, for the most part, was confident in herself and in her relationship and owned her role by his side. I was also thankful that she seemed to have stopped being such an intolerable prude or I may have reverted back to the eye stabbing. It was enjoyable to see her growth.

As always Kellan was Kellan. And anyone who's read the first two books needs no further explanation. Grrrr! He finally gets all the things he deserves in life and does some growing of his own.

It was lovely to see the HEA's of all the secondary characters as well. Especially Griffin and Anna.

So all in all it was a 3 star read for me.
Did I love it? Nah
Did I hate it? Nah
Which pretty much sums up why it was only an ok read IMO. I was content but not exhilarated.
Do give it a shot though. As well as the first 2 in the series [b:Thoughtless|13517535|Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)|S.C. Stephens|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1331254339s/13517535.jpg|14321512]and [b:Effortless|15842441|Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)|S.C. Stephens|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1350927186s/15842441.jpg|16657003]