The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay Intense, gripping, and emotional story! Must Read!

I see those headlines for books constantly and honestly most don't live up to the hype. The Sea of Tranquility goes far beyond in my opinion.

I usually don't bother writing reviews for 5 star books. I mean how many times do you need to read "Best Book Ever!"? I just leave my rating and move on. But I almost passed on this because I'm not a big fan of YA novels and if I had I would've missed out on what has become one of my favorite books.

It's a story about two teenagers who have both had to deal with their own devasting and life-altering tragedies. It's a story about growing up and learning to live again when your life is ripped out from under you.

"Nastya
I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk."

This book is not relegated to young readers. I'm 31 years old and I loved it. My Aunt who is ten years my senior and my mother also loved it. It has stuck with me since I read it and I'd hate to think someone would miss out on a fantastic story because of the reasons I almost did.

The Sea of Tranquility is a beautifully emotional story that you do not want to miss out on.