The Girl in 6E - I've waited almost a week since I finished this to post a review. I wanted to see if I felt different after some time to think on it. I still feel the same as I did when I finished. Unfulfilled.

Be fair warned this book is fairly graphic and realistic (unfortunately) in the descriptions and characterizations of her sex cam clientele. She delves pretty deeply into the depravity that is out there and how intensely that depravity can manifest when coupled with the anonymity that is offered by the internet. I didn't have issues with this. In fact, I found it quite interesting if not disturbing. I do know some people may not be so comfortable in that, hence the warning.

The story centers on Deanna/Jess who due to a past tragedy has locked herself in her apartment for the better part of 5 years and supports herself being a webcam sex worker. Being agoraphobic, Jess nevers leaves the apartment which allows her to work a lot. Needless to say in doing this job she encounters some strange birds. Most harmless, others not so much.

I don't want to go too deeply into the plot or give anything away. The thriller/suspense aspect of the book was phenomenal. Kept me on the edge of my seat. I was disgusted at some points but I just couldn't look away. Jess/Deanna is an interesting character, who was well developed and in spite of her psychosis intriguing. She gets into some pretty intense situations and if you're into dark you'll most likely enjoy this book.

If you're looking for a dark story with romance, you may want to pass on this one. Jeremy is her UPS man and after delivering to her apartment daily for almost 3 years becomes infatuated with her. He had a lot of potential to be a fantastic H and the few interactions they had were great. However the romantic aspect was never fully developed. We get a few interactions and then a round up of "Oh yeah and they lived happily ever after".

I personally like the romantic plotlines in my stories to be more prevalent. And I found this book lacking in that department. It brought what could've been a 4 or 5 star read for me, down to a 3. Again, this is my preference, so if you don't have as much of a problem with that, then by all means give it a go. It was an intense read and most definitely something I will remember for a long while.