When All the World Sleeps

When All the World Sleeps - Lisa Henry, J.A. Rock So, here we are, almost two weeks later, and I still don't have the words. All the feels, but no words. Looks like it's time to wing it.

Have you ever tried to explain a dream to someone? One of those dreams that was more feelings and colors with some random blocks of lucidity mixed in, like puzzle pieces of your sleeping and waking mind, past, present and things that never happened? That's what this book, and writing this review, feels like for me.

I've given up trying to write some coherent examination of the characters and the story or even something that would do WATWS justice. I just can't do it. I can't break it down into pieces or detach myself from it. Because, again, how do you explain a dream to someone who's not in your head?

This book has all the feels. All of them. It's eerie and creepy, but not in the typical 'killer in the woods' or any psychological thriller. It's melancholy and sad, but then hopeful and sweet with a hefty dose of sexy thrown in for good measure.

I was sucked in, chewed up and spit out several times over reading WATWS. And left on the other side begging, 'Please, Misses, may I have some more?'

Read it. Just read it and you'll see.

3/14/14 *4.5 stars 5 stars* Need some time to wrap my head around this and try to find words.

---------------------------------------------

11/9/13

March?

Fucking March?

You are a cruel and vicious tease, Lisa Henry.

photo image-155.jpg