Sweetwater

Sweetwater - Lisa Henry I can't even believe I'm writing this, but here goes. LH is one of my favorite authors, I don't think I've rated a single book of hers under three-stars, but I struggled with this one.

I didn't have any major issues with it. Maybe that was problem. LH's books usually elicit strong emotions in me, good and bad, even if the story may not be my favorite.

With this one I was just bored more than anything and didn't really feel any connection between Grady and Elijah. It was almost like they were in two different stories. In fact, it felt like there was more connection, even more detailed sex scenes, between Crane and Elijah than anything with Grady. But ultimately, I didn't feel anything for them individually either and it was just kind of blah for me.

I hate to say it, but I started to skim towards the end and I can't give it more than two stars. And that's mainly b/c it is well written.

Note: this in no way affects my author crush on LH and I still wish she would come live with me and write me stories everyday. Just sayin'.

photo uncomfortable_zps26e305e2.gif